Stand out! Get Engaged… BE A STUDENT AMBASSADOR! The mission of the Student Ambassadors Program is to cultivate a campus culture of academic support, engagement and excellence. Student Ambassadors serve as the faces of the college, help new and prospective students connect to the college community, and build awareness of college services and programs. It is an opportunity for students to stand out amongst the student population and model what it takes to be successful members of the campus community.
Accepted applicants are charged with the responsibility to showcase pride in, respect for, and the spirit of being a member of the TCC Portsmouth campus community while working closely with a variety of faculty and staff to assist with campus-wide initiatives (e.g., recruitment, orientation, registration, enrollment, etc.). Student Ambassadors gain exclusive access to various campus events while serving in several different capacities. The program offers a highly rewarding experience and is an opportunity to gain the skills necessary to be a leader within the TCC Portsmouth campus community and in the greater community.
Benefits of Being a Student Ambassador:
The program is an opportunity to:
- build your resume and be more competitive when applying to other institutions and jobs.
- develop skills in leadership, communication, problem solving, etc.
- network and meet new people and mentors.
- receive FREE Student Ambassador and TCC gear, giveaways, food, and win prizes.
- represent your college and be a role model to prospective, new and current students.
The Responsibilities of Student Ambassadors include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Showcase pride in, respect for, and the spirit of TCC at all times;
- Attend the Student Ambassador Program MANADATORY training(s);
- Attend monthly meetings;
- Represent the college during college fairs, career fairs, school visits, graduation, and other informational programs such as Open House and Orientation;
- Serve as tour guides for prospective students and community members;
- Answer questions responsibly regarding all aspects of TCC (e.g., academic programs, student activities, campus life, etc.); and,
- Maintain professional uniformed attire when actively serving as a student ambassador.
In order to be eligible to participate in the Student Ambassadors Program, the applicant must:
- be currently enrolled with a minimum of six (6) credit hours and in good standing with the college;
- have and maintain a 2.8 GPA or better (may be waived for first year students);
- be able to commit to one (1) year of service as a student ambassador (waived for students who are graduating within the one year commitment); and,
- be willing to complete a minimum of 25 hours of service per semester (to include evening and weekend hours).
Desired Qualifications for Student Ambassadors:
An ideal candidate for this program would:
- take pride in being a member of the Portsmouth Campus of TCC community;
- be dedicated to the program and have good time management skills;
- make serving as an ambassador one of his or her top priorities; and,
- possess a strong sense of purpose, respect for themselves and others, and have a genuine passion for serving others.
How to apply:
Visit the Student Organization suite (located on the second floor of the Student Center, Room 220) to retrieve a paper application or print a copy of the application from the Portsmouth Campus Student Center website by clicking here.
For more information, questions, comments, concerns, etc.:
Contact Alicia Phillips via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.